Author Topic: New Player Guide  (Read 518 times)

Grodis

• View Profile
New Player Guide
« on: April 05, 2017, 11:11:16 PM »
Hello Templars!! If you are reading this then you must be curious about some of the features in Arcane Dragons. Though I haven't been playing long I want to share some of what I've learned with others. ENJOY!!!

Stamina: Stamina regens at a rate of 1 every 10 minutes. Managing your stamina wisely can really cut down in the total numbers of hours needed to complete your character. Stamina is used for gaining exp,farming rank up stones, farming runes, and gaining rubies. Gaining exp is the most important out of that bunch and if we make sure to manage our stamina correctly, we can accomplish some of the others on the way. For instance: You know you're gonna to level using 10% of the stamina you currently have. You should try to either clear old stages with an SS to get a ruby bonus( first SS clear of any stage ) or farm rank up stones with the other 90% of your stamina. To be completely done with the game every stage in every difficulty should be SS ranked because what we're really interested in is RUBIES.

Extra Dungeon Tickets: These tickets regen at a rate of 1 per hour. Each chapter has their own extra dungeon with 10 levels. Clearing each level of the extra dungeons for the first time rewards you with rubies regardless of the rank you get when cleared. Each extra dungeon should be completed at least once to get all possible rubies from it. Since these also give exp you should always use them before it caps ( 8 total tickets ) at which point you will no longer regen tickets. During the end game people will use these to either farm gear doing rockie 6+ or to farm arcane dust + soul fragments doing lizard 9+. You are also required to do 5 of these each day as part of the daily missions.

Raid Tickets: These tickets regen at midnight(EST) where you'll receive 10 tickets to use for the day. Clearing each level of the raid dungeons for the first time rewards you with rubies regardless of the rank you get when cleared. Each raid dungeon should be cleared at least once to get all possible rubies. Since the exp gain from these is small people only use them to collect gear.

Daily Dungeon: As the name suggests this dungeon changes each day and will be your main source of rank up stones. There are 10 levels to each daily dungeon which take a varying amount of stamina depending on the level. This should be one of your main outlets for any extra stamina you come across.

Tower of Infinity: This is your main way of making gold. You receive 5 entries per day at midnight(EST). There are 25 levels and the goal is to clear it all in the fastest time possible. You can collect rubies once per week based on your overall ranking in ToI.

Tower of Purgatory: This dungeon can be found in town and is a good source of pet materials and gear at higher levels. This uses Extra Dungeon tickets at an increasing rate based on the level you are completing. Clearing each level once will award you with rubies. It is important to clear each level of this once to get all possible rubies.

Arena: Arena can be vs another player or an AI character. The entries regen at a rate of 1 every 10 minutes. Each win will award you 20 points and each loss will award you 10. Every 200 points you are able to collect a small reward and you can collect a weekly award based on your total points earned once each week.
Sent by KilluaZoldyck <MOMENTOUS>

Rubies: Rubies are the IT currency in this game. There are many things you can spend rubies on but the only thing they should be spent on is premium gacha x 11. Special exceptions can be made for rune crafting or exp pots during double exp but 95% of all rubies earned will be used on gacha to get better gear. It is very important not to waste these on anything else. You can pretty much spend rubies on anything. These include: gold,stamina,potions,rune crafting,inventory slots,resurrecting during a stage,gear. Using the gacha system is completely random so the only unknown in your characters power level is the RNG of this system. That is why good planning and discipline will allow you to reach your goals in the shortest amount of time.

Equipment:: This has been the hardest part of the game for me to learn with no available outside resources. Even still I don't claim to be an expert in this area. Gear comes in 6 tiers from 1-6 stars. Each piece can be ranked up to +4 to give it extra bonuses. Some items are part of a set which will be shown at the bottom of the info pane. You can upgrade any piece of gear 1 star by maxing out its enchantment level and then using either evolution stones or pieces of gear from the same tier. Since the bonuses on the gear as you rank it up will be random there is almost always a "better" piece that you can acquire. This is what will keep most players playing.

Sub Equipment: You will open up sub equipment slots when you level and clear chapters in the game. When you equip a piece in a sub equipment slot you will receive 10% of its attack or defense. If given the choice you only want to equip weapons here. Obviously having anything in there is better than leaving it empty but you only need so much defense and since this game is all about clearing things as quickly as possible, your offensive attributes are the most important.

Friends and Friendship Points: You can hold a max of 30 friends at any time. Once every 24 hours you can send your friends 10 points which can be used on gold,dust,enchanting stones,stamina, and gear. I reccomend that you use the points for normal gacha gear rolls until you start to need stamina to level. At that point I would use it to buy stamina. I always make this decision when I'm close to hitting the 2000 point cap. Since getting the max income from this resource relies on having active players on your friend list, I clear people from mine who haven't logged in in a day or more.

PRO TIP: In the friends menu if you click on the "Line" tab and click on the send button it'll open up a webpage on your phone. Hit "OK" when the message pops up and tab back into your game. You should receive 500 friendship points for practically nothing. This can be done once each day.

Daily/Weekly Quests: These quests will be your main source of continuous rubies/stamina. It is very import that you complete your daily quests each day. If you complete your daily quests every day you will complete all of your weekly quests as well. Minus the roulette spin daily, you only need to complete 6 days worth of dailies to complete the weekly mission of the same type. Still I would just do them all each day.

Guilds: Joining a guild is not only important for character growth but also the best part about this game. Your guild will be your first line of defense against getting stuck in your progression. They will always be willing to help as a strong member makes a strong guild. A guild can give you bonuses to these 6 areas: Attack, Defense, Hit Points, Experience Gain, Magic Points, and Gold Gain. You may gain 200 exp a day for the guild. Any activity will award you 10 exp towards that 200 per day cap. You may also choose to "Charge your Vitality" which allows you to gain more exp for the guild but this is NEVER worth it. A guild can expand its roster slots using gold which makes donating gold to your guild important as well. More active members = more exp per day earned. more exp earned = faster guild leveling. faster guild leveling = more skill points to increase all guild member stats. Active and helpful players are the backbone to any successful guild.
<MOMENTOUS> is always looking for active players!!! Come join us.

Mail Center: Any reward you receive ingame will appear in your mailbox. Anything sent to your mailbox will be stored for 7 days. This is great since you will likely find yourself earning more stamina than you can hold. Once you go over your max stamina you will stop regenerating it so its important to use the stamina and ED tickets in your mailbox as needed unless they are about to expire.

Leveling and You: The best way to gain exp and level is to do the highest content you have available until you have unlocked 5-20 story mode. At times you wont be strong enough to complete them on your own. This is where the AD community comes into play. Some players are max level or close to max level and don't mind sparing some of their stamina to help others progress. As a new player you should keep your eyes and ears open for people offering to help others. You should also ask for help if you are stuck on a stage. People who play this game are generally nice and like to help others, especially new players because without new players the game will die.

Special Events: Every so often there are special events that will give you items for logging in, extra exp or gold during certain times, or even save you some rubies with cheaper gacha rolls. Make sure you are taking advantage of these events. I typically grind exp hard on days where double exp is awarded. This includes saving stamina for those times as well. I've also been saving rubies for the next gacha sale. Doing these things will save you a lot of time in the long run.

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/SstM2FJ

This is most of what I've learned since I've started playing Arcane Dragons. I will add more as I learn so until then, Happy Hunting Templars!

-Grodis
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 06:47:21 AM by Grodis »

Sarxasm

• View Profile
Re: New Player Guide
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 05:42:48 AM »
Thanks for the guild Grodis

Fortis

• View Profile
Re: New Player Guide
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 08:10:14 AM »
Thanks for the helpful guide.